Human-lings don't like to think of themselves as prejudiced and Dragons are no different, but I think if you consider it for a moment you can think of some things you dislike for no reason in particular. I like to think that in general I am not prejudiced in a large enough area of my life that it would affect me in some hugely detrimental way, but there are some areas in which I will freely admit my prejudice.
Have you ever had something that you dislike at least somewhat irrationally? A book, a game, a show, etc. Something that is HUGELY popular with millions of fanatics chanting and doing flyovers dedicated to the cause, but for some reason you don't have any interest? I know I do. There is currently a popular series of dramatic skits, The Thirst Trials, that, as I understand it, is about hatchlings in a future world. The future is a dry and horrible place and they pick hatchlings from different caverns to duke it out. The one who survives the longest without water is rewarded with enough water for their entire cavern. Hatchlings fighting to the death with one another over water is not something that particularly strikes my fancy. In fact, it sounds dreadfully depressing.
So even though I have not attempted to attend the plays and see for myself what all the hype is, I have a strong aversion to them. I cannot really put my claw on what it is exactly, but I just know I dislike them and do not want to be listed among the ranks of Thirst Trials addicts.
Now you tell me, Human-lings. Are Dragons the only beings who feel this way at times? What are some of the things against which YOU have a prejudice?
Looking forward to your comments,
Oisa
Dearest Oisa,
ReplyDeleteThank you for educating us about the inner psyche of the Dragon. I did not know you all shared this trait with us.
Let me first say that, although your dislike of said Book and its Hype may be partly due to prejudice, there are plenty of legitimate reasons that may also be behind your dislike. It is classified as a Young Adult book for good reason, rather than an Adult book, after all.
I admire your humility in second-guessing your dislike rather than, say, burning the Book up with metaphorical, rhetorical Flame from your mouth.
And you raise interesting points. It is worth thinking about.
I may be prejudiced against a few things. The Apple brand, especially with their mindless drones, bothers me. I dislike sports teams from New York, although there may very well be decent fellows on those teams. And I admit, with humility, a certain dislike for Fischer dorm. No offense, as I have met certain people who somehow spent time there and have turned out alright.
Oh, Bretterson. My chamber filled with smoke from the mirth your comment roused in me. Human-lings who don't understand Dragons might think it odd that I find no great glee in small children killing each other, but in truth, it makes my blood boil (or at least grow hotter than usual. Dragons are not cold blooded reptiles after all).
ReplyDelete~Oisa
JanaKaren here, wanting to thank you for your comment Bretterson! I have to agree with most of your prejudices. Although, frankly, Fischer was amazing and I don't understand that silly one at all. :) It was so light and atmospheric as opposed to that other one on a hill. jk, jk...don't stone me!