Thursday, September 1, 2011

Packing is a Pain for Dragons Too

"I shouldn't be having this much trouble." Oisa said aloud. She was in her cave with wings at an odd angle, wobbling around on one hind leg while the other three did various tasks. Dragons don't usually do much packing; however, Oisa and her friends were taking a flying tour this very day. There would be no time to hunt because they needed to make good travel time. This was the reason for her current predicament - cramming as much bison, blueberry pie, and chocolate cake in her travel sling as she could. 


The sharp trill of her Gershk* made her start. Oisa's bag flew open and out tumbled all her food. Sighing, she left the mess and went to answer the door. The excitement of seeing her friends quickly pushed thoughts of the cursed pile in her room away. "I guess fellowship with friends might be worth the price of packing." she thought with a bemused smile.


*Gershk - small, gerbil like creatures. They have a body made of a hard material that resembles gemstone. Dragons often keep them in a gilded cage to alert them of visitors to their dwelling.

1 comment:

  1. I am, like, in awe of your creativity right now. You legitimately could make this into a series or something. And with your dragon-drawing skills (whether on denim or paper hehe), you could have all sorts of sweet illustrations and everything. I totally want a Gershk!!!

    ReplyDelete